What is root canal therapy?
Do you fear the pain of Root Canal Therapy? Turn to Dr. Robert Don dentistry to experience a less painful process of root canal therapy.
Root canal therapies are the most feared procedures of all time. Yes, it is undeniable that the procedure is painful, but it becomes less painful at the hands of an able dentist like Dr. Robert Don. The reason for such immense pain is the fact that a severe infection has spread and in order to save the tooth, it has to be removed. The dentist will remove this infected area and remove any bacteria or dead tissue from the inside of the tooth cavity.
In simple terms, root canal therapy is the process of removing the infection from deep within a tooth. Due to trauma or an untreated cavity, the inside can be severely infected with bacteria that cause an immense amount of pain. If the bacteria are left inside, it can lead to tooth decay and eventually, loss of teeth.
In the therapy, the teeth pulp is removed and the cavity is thoroughly cleaned of all infection. Upon disinfection, it is filled and sealed with a rubber-like material. The tooth restoration is carried on and a crown is placed which restores the functionality of the tooth.
The endodontic treatment enables you to eat your favorite food, protects other teeth from wear and tear, and promotes natural appearance and chewing habits.
Why does a person need root canal therapy?
Endodontic therapy becomes imperative when the pulp or the soft tissue inside the tooth is subjected to infection-causing bacteria. The infection can be for a variety of reasons like too many dental procedures on the same tooth, tooth decay, cavities, or trauma to the tooth. Each of these reasons enables a person to undergo endodontic therapy to restore the tooth to its prime glory.
When you visit Dr. Robert Don dentistry to undergo the procedure, you will learn that the procedure is comprised of numerous steps.
- The first step is applying local anesthesia and employing techniques to keep the area dry.
- A drill is then used to reach the inside and then files are used to clear the infected pulp. Any antimicrobial solution might be used to kill any remaining bacteria.
- Once clean, it will be filled and sealed and the opening will be closed with a temporary filling.
- In the second sitting, the permanent crown will be placed to replace the temporary filling and restore functionality. The plan may be customized depending upon your condition and results of the procedure.
When to find the best root canal therapy dentist in Irvine, Orange County?
There are some common signs that you must notice that will make you rush to Dr. Robert Don dentistry. These signs include:
- Severe pain in the tooth.
- Sensitivity to hot or cold food or drinks.
- Discolored teeth.
- Swelling of the gum around the infected tooth.
- Tenderness in the lymph nodes and the gum tissue.
- Sensitive to touch and problems chewing.
Follow good hygiene practices and get endodontic therapy immediately upon noticing such symptoms. At the hands of able dentists at Dr. Robert Don dentistry, you will get taken care of. Restore your dental health to its original glory!